Acne skincare tips:
What is acne?
Acne is a distressed skin condition that results in inflammatory & non-inflammatory lesions on your skin. Although it affects several age groups @ different stages in your life, it usually begins at the onset of puberty.
The most common type is called Acne Vulgaris. (puberty stage) There is also Adult Acne, which is acne that develops in the 20’s & older. It is often caused by hormone fluctuation’s or external factors such as comedogenic (pore clogging) skincare products.
Acne also has hereditary factors. It involves the genes we inherit from our parents that determine how our bodies & skin function. If either parent had acne or oily skin, chances are likely the child will have it too.
Emotional stress is another contributor of acne. An acne pimple is an inflammatory lesion. (red & swollen) While non-inflammatory is not red or swollen. examples of non-inflammatory lesions are: * Open Comedomes (blackheads) * Closed Comedomes (whiteheads)
More Acne skincare tips:
- Eat a nutritious, well balanced diet. The chinese believe that acne is tied to incomplete digestion.
- Eat raw or lightly cooked vegetables & green leafy vegetables.
- Any fiber rich foods- which ensure a clean gastro intestinal tract.
- Drink plenty of water to flush toxins from body.
Avoid alcohol, soda, chocolate, fried foods & refined sugar.
- Cucumber refreshes oily skin. slice a fresh cucumber & place slices on your skin for 5-10 minutes daily.
- Never pick, pinch or squeeze a pimple. It enhances the chance of infection & scarring.
- Do use hypoallergenic soaps.
- Exercise enough to break a sweat; Toxin’s are excreted through the skin when you sweat.
- A clay mask is beneficial for oily skin.
Use water-based make-up. Oil based will clog pores causing more breakouts.