As some of you may know by now, on my site: Better Self Source; I am constantly trying out new things and ideas in regards to my skincare regimen. I prefer to use all natural ingredients mostly. I ususally go by this rule of thumb: “If I can eat it, then I can wear it!”
I use lots of different things when experimenting; From fruits and veggies to different types of oils and even the skins from different things. There are lots of different recipes that I’ve created and I will be showing you a few of them in future articles.
But, We all have different skin types and some things that work for me, may not do the same for you. So in this article, I am going to list some of my favorite things that I use. You can mix and match them to suit your skincare needs.
- Mineral oil: An emollient that dissolves dirt trapped in pores; Mineral oil is a clear, odorless substance derived from petroleum.
- Papaya: Contains papain, an enzyme used in enzyme peels. It’s Primary Benefits are exfoliating, softening and moisturizing.
- Coconut: Primarily used for oils, creams & soaps. It’s Primary Benefits are it lathers, cleanses & lubricates.
- Algae: Derived from seaweed. Contains minerals & it’s Primary Benefits are moisturizing & nourishing.
- Oatmeal: Good for skin irritation, rashes & sunburn. It’s Primary Benefits are soothing, anti-inflammatory & healing.
- Carrot: Used in creams & masks; rich in Vitamin A. It’s Primary Benefits are an antioxidant, moisturizing & soothing.
- Pineapple: Contains bromelain, an enzyme w/ stimulating & antiseptic properties. It’s Primary Benefits are it’s good for exfoliation & treating blemishes.
- Seaweed: Derivatives such as algae have many nourishing minerals & properties. It detoxifies & stimulates metabolism. It’s Primary Benefits are it is a Humectant. It has firming & moisturizing properties.
- Aloe Vera: It’s Primary Benefits are healing, soothing hydrating & anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cucumber: Commonly used for masks & the eye area to reduce puffiness. It’s Primary Benefits are antiseptic & soothing properties.
- Peppermint: Cools skin & constricts capillaries; has refreshing properties. It’s Primary Benefits are that it reduces irritation & itching.
- Avacado: An emollient; contains Vitamins A & C. It’s Primary Benefits are moisturizing & soothing.
- Calendula: From the marigold plant. good for oitching, swelling & acne. It’s Primary Benefits are healing, soothing & anti-inflammatory properties.
- Orange: An aromatic, fresh, uplifting scent. It’s Primary Benefits are that it’s an antioxidant & an astringent.
- Chamomile: It is a plant extract used for sensitive skin. It’s Primary Benefits are calming & anti-inflammatory.
- Pomegranate: A powerful antioxidant; treats sun damage. It’s Primary Benefits are healing & it fights free radicals.
- Lavendar: A popular herb & oil, used for calming. It’s Primary Benefits are soothing, anti-inflammatory & antiseptic properties.
- Mint: An herb, good for circulation. It’s Primary Benefits are soothing & also antiseptic properties.
These are just a few of the items that I experiment with. You can mix and match them. Use a few or try them all. If you come up with a good, useful recipe- let me know & I may put it in one of my next DIY articles. Also, if you have any questions or just some helpful advice; leave it in the comment section below & I will get back to you.
Thanks again for visiting my site! I appreciate it. You can check out more of my articles at: https://betterselfsource.com
If you’d like to see where I am learning to do this whole website thing…
You can visit me @: https://my.wealthyaffiliate.com/mistic1976