Plant extracts are (mostly) liquids that have been pressed, boiled or chemically extracted from different plants. They can be extracted from the plants- leaves, flowers, bark, peelings or from the roots.
The benefits of extracts in skincare are extensive & wide-ranging. They are used in skin lotions, creams, wraps, masks, compresses, sprays & a variety of other products.
Here are some common plant extracts & their properties
- aloe vera extract: soothing, improves hydration, is also used to reduce redness.
- grapeseed extract: an antioxidant, has soothing & anti-redness properties.
- green tea: used as antioxidant, has soothing properties.
- hamamelis (witch hazel): used as astringent.
- Licorice extract: has soothing & skin lightening properties.
- seaweed / algae extract: moisturizational & hydrational properties.
Thanks for visiting betterselfsource.com If you have any questions or comments leave them below or contact me on my affiliate link: http://www.wealthyaffiliate.com?a_aid=547c97e6